About Dhole Patil Education Society
Dhole Patil Family
Dhole Patils are a well-known business family of Pune, Maharashtra, India known for their keen interest in social work, philanthropy and education.
Several decades ago, Mr. Ulhas Balkrishna Dhole Patil and his wife, Mrs. Kamal U. Dhole Patil, started a dairy business. Mr. Ulhas Dhole Patil had a burning desire to give back to society and this ambition drove him towards becoming the Chairman of Pune Municipal Transport in 1974, as well as the Mayor of Pune in 1986. Mrs. Kamal Dhole Patil, herself has been a Member of Legislative Assembly (MLA) in the State of Maharashtra.
Mr. and Mrs. Ulhas Dhole Patil have two sons, Rahul Dhole Patil and Sagar Dhole Patil. Both the brothers manage the family business, including the dairies and hotel businesses. Mr. Sagar Dhole Patil was a state-level hockey player, and is also very fond of cricket. Mr. Rahul Dhole Patil, has played cricket professionally at Ranji Trophy level. He continues his love for sports and is a member of Maharashtra Cricket Association (MCA) and also the current President of Poona Club.
Mr. Rahul now looks after Kapila Business Hotel at Dhole Patil Road, the family’s dairy and cattle business as well as an international farming export business that is located on the outskirts of Pune.
Mr Sagar Dhole Patil is the Chairman and his wife, Mrs. Uma Dhole Patil are the Chairman and Secretary of Dhole Patil Education Society.
Dhole Patil Education Society Timeline
- 2005: With first batch of the autonomous, certified two year MBA course, Dhole Patil Education Society was born, operating from the basement of Kapila Business Hotel, Dhole Patil Road.
- 2008: Dhole Patil College of Engineering gets approved by AICTE New Delhi, Govt of Maharashtra and affiliated to University of Pune, now known as Savitribai Phule Pune University.
- 2008-09 UG Engineering courses start.
- 2010-11, PG Engineering courses start, and MBA reintroduced.
- 2010: Campus moves to Kharadi near EON IT Park.
- 2017: Dhole Patil School for Excellence is founded.
- 2019: Dhole Patil Junior College of Arts, Commerce and Science is established.
- 2019: Dhole Patil College of Engineering is accredited A+ with 3.38 CGPA from NAAC
Mr Sagar Ulhas Dhole Patil
“Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world” – Nelson Mandela
These words imitate the vision at Dhole Patil Education Society which propels our pursuit in providing our students with a platform to achieve their dreams.
Shri. Sagar Dhole Patil, Chairman, Dhole Patil Education Society, is an energetic young entrepreneur, a pioneer, and a social reformer who believes that education need not know any boundaries of growth. He hails from an agricultural background. He always wanted to create something in education field that society can benefit from.
Endowed with sharp business insight, a balanced perspective and a social bent of mind he set up Dhole Patil Education Society in the year 2008, to further his dream of shaping young minds through quality education.
Mrs Uma Sagar Dhole Patil
Mrs Uma Sagar Dhole Patil has served as the Secretary at the Dhole Patil Education Society since 2005.
She takes active interest in the day to day functioning of the following departments of the Society
- Public Relations
- Parent Relations
- Student Relations
- Heading all non-curriculum based committees
She was recently awarded the coveted Times Women Entrepreneur of the Year Award for 2019. A mother of two, she believes in giving back to the society and toils to give India a brighter and educated future.